Tuesday, June 21

peek.....

Update on Suzy and Sam....last week I noticed that the pair were very unsettled flying around their nest. The eggs should have hatched over the weekend. While they were away from the nest for a short time, I peeked inside the nest thinking I would find several new little birds. Unfortunately, I found an empty nest...3 of the 5 eggs were laying on the patio floor. Don't know what happened, but our poor little birds lost their brood. They are still hanging around, so maybe they will try again and we'll have some birds later in the summer.

In the mean time we continue to have some beautiful rains, mow the lawn, tend to the garden, remove more dead fish from the pond :( and enjoy all the wildlife on our little ranch.

a new little feathered friend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.