Friday, March 9

Meet the Blue Birds...

I interrupt Friday Photo Dump to introduce you to my blue birds...these two have been buzzing around the nesting box for the last couple of days, think they finally won the bidding war with the house sparrows!! The sky is a brilliant blue and the temp makes for a mild spring type day. I should be doing laundry, cleaning floors or some other type of house or yard work (boring :)  Heck, those things can and will  wait, it's was time to grab the camera and capture these two new neighbors. I am finding the female to be very curious of this crazy human that sits in the grass and chats with her! The male is a bit less cooperative in allowing his photo to be taken. Must keep trying.....

I am contemplating on what names to give them, any suggestions???? Maybe I should have a contest!! Yes, I will have a contest....the winner will receive your choice of one of the following shots  that will be made into a photo greeting card. Okay, submit your entry by March 15 (via the comment section or email me) and a winner will be announced on the 17th!!

Meanwhile, I will continue to get attempt to get a good shot of the male!!
Mr. Blue Bird...shot taken through the kitchen window

The Mrs...

Look at our beautiful new home!!

Her right side...

the left...

She is a curious one...

6 comments:

  1. Azure and Vogel!

    French for blue, German for bird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought she was a smaller bird-house sparrow or humming bird but she is a beauty. Thanks for sharing.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! we're definitely making some bird houses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great shots you got of the Mrs. They are such a pretty bird, it was definitely worth leaving the housework for! After all the laundry's not going anywhere! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable, both sides are beautiful and if i can talk to our lizards you can talk to your blue birds. my lizards are Lizzie, Leonard, cousin Leon and grandpa...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.