Saturday, April 14

The Weather in Paradise

Our local meteorologists claim the Hawaii Islands as having the greatest weather on the planet. Well,  as I type this post the fifth flash flood warning has sounded since 4 a.m. Since Christmas we have experienced gray, cloudy and very rainy weather here on Kauai.   Tans have faded, the tourist are crabby and the traffic is horrendous.  I have a friend who has collected over 50 inches of rain since the beginning of the year.  We do live at the base of  one of the rainiest spots in the world, (averaging over 450 inches annually) so I can only imagine what has been dropped at the summit of our island thus far.  I not complaining, but I sure would like to see some sunshine soon, after all I am solar powered. Maybe tomorrow we'll be back to the greatest weather on the planet.

Here's some photos of our current "greatest weather" on the planet.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.