Sunday, September 15

What have I been doing????

The past two weeks have been rather hectic and I have neglected my blogging posts, but hope things will taper a bit and allow me more time to post.  So what have I been up too??? 

First, I got a part time job ( more about that another time) Lets just say this gal is learning some new computer skills and the only thing I don't do at my new position is FLY THE PLANE!!!  Gotcha wondering now don't I???
Second, I am finding myself putting in a lot hours at my volunteer jobs! This past week I had the opportunity to respond to 3 Monk Seal calls ( cute little buggers) and  helping with beach cleanup. Who knew rope and nets entangled in the rocks could be so darn tough to remove. Yes, it's true and an exhausting job,but so worthwhile. 
Lastly, R and I have discovered a love for standup paddling (SUP) and I have found abdominal muscles that I didn't know existed. We ended the weekend with a tough SUP workout on the Hanalei River and  a beautiful sunset over Bali Hai. 
Tomorrow's a new day...go do something good!!

12 comments:

  1. bob is dying to try the SUP, we have seen a lot of it on TV and he would love it. it is a good thing to be busy and you are doing healthy stuff, and blogging aint healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUP is all the rage around here as well! I haven't tried it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! The beach cleaning is almost a full time job in it's self never mind everything else you do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy! Sounds like fun. SUP is big here too. Talked to the hubs about trying it, but he has terrible balance. I think that is the one athletic endeavor I would be better at than him! Might have to go try by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope to try SUP at some point. I think I would love it and my mom too. It kills me to say it, but there is more to life than blogging. Sometimes you need to do other things, so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hectic in paradise?? How can that be? LOL New computer skills and flying the plane, maybe learning how to pilot a remote vehicle? maybe for taking photos?

    Even though I don't know how (yet), I would much rather be on a board than blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are very busy! Make sure you don't get too busy!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think your energy is amazing! A new job, saving the seals, standup paddling ~ WOW!

    We can't wait to hear about the job. We bet you're training to be a Bush Pilot :)

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The drifting tree on the beach is the same spot that I took the picture few weeks ago. Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have been busy! Looking forward to hearing more about your new job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.