Tuesday, June 25

and then the cat died....

Yesterday armed with my "to do" list, I was enthusiastic, full of energy and determined to accomplish great things.  The moving deadline is drawing closer and while I have managed to complete a number of tasks there are still many that hang over my head. I had prepared my list Sunday evening and just knew I would be able to strike a line through many of my "to dos" and that my dear friends is when reality of both life and death hit me.

Early in the morning I noticed my wedding ring was gone from my finger. Now I don't wear it when I'm outside working in the yard, but I had not been out there yet. I had worn the ring to church the day before, so I thought oh it's just where you always put it...NOPE!! I looked high and low for an hour. In tears, I sat down in a chair and glanced over and there it was....thus would set the tone for the day!!

 I could hear the thunder rumbling to the west and knew that items #8 and #9(mowing and trimming) were now in danger of being delayed.  Suddenly a severe thunderstorm moved through dropping much needed rain by putting a damper on my mowing.  Side note: the mowing was completed at 7:30 p.m.  Check!

Since the mowing would have to wait I decided to catch up on blogging #5 on the list and even readied  a post....but life said.....not so fast lady!!  The thunderstorm would knock power(just as I was ready to post:(  out causing me to have to reset all the electronics in the house. Let me tell you that's my hubby's department. I managed to crawl into the tangled mess of power cords that resemble a pit of vipers and with gnashing of teeth (mine:) I got reconnected with the world or at least I thought so.....if you noticed there was no post yesterday. No check for blog post.  :(

The laundry was now finished in the washer and a window of opportunity was revealed to hang the clothes out on the line....we try to be green when we can. So part of #4 was completed, now to let the gentle Nebraska breeze do it's magic.  The laundry was hung, I went inside to begin # 3 (cleaning housing) as I was vacuuming I heard the sound of RAIN!! Yes, my laundry was getting an additional rinse cycle. Ugh....
laundry completed at 6:30. Check, but I still need to fold it and put it away. It's an item on today's revised list!!

I decided to reconfirm our flights making sure that the Girlz are still on the list as "special cargo" #10. Well with the issues with the power failure I had a difficult time connecting with the airline via internet. I finally talked to a real live person and yes we are all confirmed for our upcoming flight. Check #10


Around noon yesterday, feeling somewhat defeated I opened an email from our friend Jennie giving me news that just broke my heart and brought me to tears again.  She sent a note to inform us that our kitty Blitz had died. I know, kitty what kitty??  Well, before we moved to Molokai in 2008 we had a feline member of our family. Blitz,  he was a handsome Manx-Siamese that we adopted shortly after hubby and I were married in 2000. He was a funny little duck and loved and preferred my hubby. He didn't like kids or anything that made quick moves or loud noises. Unfortunately when we were ready to move to Hawaii we just didn't think Blitz would survive the move, the plane ride or Hawaii life (at that time he was almost 8) so we began a search for a special home for him.
Jennie loved Blitz and she was our pet sitter on a number of occasions and honestly  we could think of no one else that would take better care of him besides us. So Blitz was adopted by Jennie or maybe it was Blitz adopted Jennie!! Either way it was a perfect match. We cried the day we let him go, but knew it was the best thing for Blitz. Thank you Jennie for loving and caring for him to the end.

 no tail... and the prettiest blue eyes. He was a pretty boy!!


Interestingly, Blitz died yesterday on his 13th birthday.
I am sure he was greeted at the Rainbow Bridge by his Big Black Dog, Maddie who he so loved.

BLITZ
6.24.00 to 6.24.2013


and then the cat died....

24 comments:

  1. awww. still yours in your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Blitz. Please extend our sympathies to Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, what a bad news bad everything type of day. Sorry to hear about Blitz. Hope today is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry to hear about the lose of Blitz. It sounds like it was one of those days where the world tests you. Hope today is better. Lee and Phod and their Lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful eyes, so sorry he is on that bridge... and you did have a weird day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Val, Even though he went to live with Jennie, I know you still carried him in your heart-you are just like that. I'm so very sorry for this loss and news; I do know that he was blessed with two incredible homes and lived a life filled with love. Hope today and the rest of the week go better my friend-now I know how to pray for you!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the loss of Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed Blitz had such beautiful eyes of blue. We are so sorry for your loss.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet Blitz. Run free little one
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sad. :( At least Blitz was happy.
    It's sort of cool Blitz didn't have a tail. :P

    Also, we all have those days where nothing seems to go right. The only thing to do is just know that if EVERY day was easy, we wouldn't truly appreciate those "easy" days as much. The "good" wouldn't be so good, so to speak.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. :-( I'm sooooo sorry about Blitz and the rest of your no-good-very-bad-day!! He was incredibly beautiful and I'm sure gave you guys and Jennie lots of wonderful times and love! I hope that your week improves by leaps and bounds! Licks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very sorry for your loss! Yesterday just wasn't a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about Blitz. Sounds like Blitz lived a full life.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so sorry you lost your Blitz!! It sounds like your days are pretty crazy so just know that we are thinking sweet thoughts of you and your girlz! One time our dad was having a bad time doing a project at an old house (a long time ago before me and Stan) and a pipe broke (flood), then when making repairs there was a little problem with insulation catching fire. After that the fire, Fluffy (a beautiful American Eskimo), died. That was sure a bad day! But the good thing is that even the bad days pass and it won't be much longer before you are sitting by the ocean with hubby and girlz and watching a beautiful sunset!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Ambassadors of Love

    Pee Ess - We put the tunnel in the yard today and practiced. We posted it for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am so sorry about Blitz. Tex is right. B

    ReplyDelete
  16. As if you don't have enough "endings" to deal with. So sorry abut your beautiful boy...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about Blitz. LOVE his eyes. He had a happy life and he'll be remembered forever. You got a lot done. Yes we can totally relate on being stress ... be careful too. Golden LOVE. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beautiful eyes indeed. So sorry it seems the world is conspiring against you. Deep breath my friend and greet a new day with new hope.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about Blitz. You are right...what eyes! What a day you had. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a terrible day and we are so sorry for the loss of Blitz! Today is a new day, cherish the great memories of Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear about Blitz. Thank you for making sure he had a great home with you and then with Jennie.

    Well, at least you had most of the things on your list completed, even though they didn't exactly get checked off quite the way you had planned! That's life, though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Val, some days just knock us to our knees. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Blitz. He was gorgeous. I know it must have been so hard to give him up, but it sounds like between you and your friend he had a wonderful life.

    Sounds like a very stressful and tiring day. I hate that when you have a long list and then get side-tracked by something. I often have those "spend an hour looking for something" type of days!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Blue Eyes! No....it was not a good day at all. Rest in Peace Blitz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.