Tuesday, August 30

I got in trouble...

Happy Tuesday,
Well, I got into trouble today :(  At the end of our walkabout this morning I ran over the area that poppy just worked up and re-seeded with grass. Won't have been so bad, but we just got an inch of rain this morning, and it was MUDDY!!  Hey, I run over that spot everyday, I didn't know he just planted grass seed, there wasn't a sign "Keep Off" besides I can't read anyway. So now there's a big old fence around the newly seeded area to keep me outta trouble.

Speaking of reading, momma just finished a book and it must have been good cuz it made her cry. It's called "a big little life" by Dean Koontz. Here's a quote from the book, "We took comfort in the knowledge that God is never cruel, there is a reason for all things. We must know the pain of loss because if we never knew it, we would have no compassion for others, and would become monsters of self-regard, creatures of unalloyed self-interest. The trouble pain of loss teaches humility to our prideful kind, has the power to soften uncaring hearts, to make a better person of a good one."  Momma says it's a great book and gave me extra hugs after reading it so, I give it a 4 paws up. Check your local library for the book.  

Great Read

Not the best shot, but love the way the swallows are all lined up on the fence.
 Might need an air traffic controller around here soon.

Gracie :)

4 comments:

  1. how about a big cat for the traffic controller. ha ha. i will look for that book. i have read almost all of his books but not that one. it has to be a good buck because it has a dog on the front cover. i have picked up many books at the library because of dogs on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls!! Enjoying your Blogs too, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having some problems with posting comments,please bear with me. thanks, val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.